A Christian recently told me that the evidence for God is in the stars. Let’s explore that for a moment because I would have gone the opposite way on this. I think that the stars are evidence against Christianity.
The universe is so much more massive than many Christians realize. We are just tiny little specks; a small pale blue dot against the backdrop of just our own solar system. It is incredibly egotistical to think that the entire universe was created just for us. Not only that, but it is absurd to think that. Out of all the stars in all the universe, Jesus had to come to the third planet of this one.
The universe is so large that humans will never be able to explore all the worlds that this universe has to offer. The Bible just seems so childish compared to the awesomeness of the stars. The story that the stars tell us is far more interesting and wondrous that anything the ancient Hebrews could have written, but the story of the stars are only written in the language of science. So we must know and understand that language if we are to learn about the universe we live in.
- Finally, ‘Proof Jesus Was God’ (skepticink.com)
- Is God A Metaphor Too? (skepticink.com)
- The World Doesn’t Revolve Around Christianity (skepticink.com)
- Belief Craziness Scale Quiz For Christians (skepticink.com)
- The Proper Thinking Christianity Deserves (skepticink.com)