You know things are a big amok when NASA scientists have to take time out of their busy schedule to respond to rumors.
Despite doomsday theories, Internet rumors and Hollywood plot lines, the world will not end on Dec. 21, 2012, NASA scientists have said.
Worse yet, they’ve had to construct an Apocalypse FAQ on their website Space.com answering questions such as:
- Are there any threats to the Earth in 2012? Many Internet websites say the world will end in December 2012.
- What is the origin of the prediction that the world will end in 2012?
- Does the Mayan calendar end in December 2012?
- Could phenomena occur where planets align in a way that impacts Earth?
- Is there a planet or brown dwarf called Nibiru or Planet X or Eris that is approaching the Earth and threatening our planet with widespread destruction?
- What is the polar shift theory? Is it true that the Earth’s crust does a 180-degree rotation around the core in a matter of days if not hours?
And more. If you’re faced with a doomsdayer, send them this link. It may help… or not.